Thank you for your interest in PBIS! Please follow these steps to learn more about PBIS in Vermont.
STEP 1: Learn More - Explore one or more of the following methods to learn about PBIS
- Identify an exploration team, including an SU/District point of contact, building principal and other school personnel to:
- Attend the Annual VTPBiS Leadership Forum (Optional)
- You may also contact your VTPBiS State TA.
- The VTPBiS Technical Assistance Person is a representative of the State VTPBiS Team who is available to help schools navigate the process of preparing for VTPBiS School-Wide Implementation. You may contact the VTPBiS TA Person to seek assistance with the following:
- Understanding which VTPBiS trainings and workshops to attend
- Completing of the VTPBiS Readiness Checklist (included in the Intent to Implement Application)
- Linking with other schools in Vermont who have implemented PBIS
- Planning the VTPBiS presentation to school faculty and staff
- Understanding and using the pre-implementation VTPBiS data tools (School-wide Evaluation Tool; Self-Assessment Survey)
- ...and More!!!
- Once a school team has attended the VTPBiS Leadership Team training, coaching supports will be assigned to SU/Districts to provide more direct support and consultation around VTPBiS Implementation.
- Click HERE to Contact your State TA.
STEP 2: Get Started
STEP 3: Complete Readiness Activities
STEP 4: Coordinator Orientation Webinar - Online Training
- Identified School and SU/SD Coordinators will participate in this 2 hour webinar to learn about their role as PBIS coordinators.
- January 17th Coordinator Orientation Webinar- For Schools attending March Training.
- April 11th Coordinator Orientation Webinar - For Schools attending the June Training.
STEP 5: First Steps to Implementation - Online Training
- As a leadership team, complete the VTPBiS First Steps to Implementation online module series. The links to these modules will be sent to you after we receive your Intent to Implement Application.
- Register and pay for your team to attend one of the Universal Trainings if you haven’t already done so; See Step 7.
STEP 6: VTPBiS Baseline Evaluations:
- Complete your School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET) prior to attendance at the training;
- Prepare your school staff to complete the online Self-Assessment Survey (SAS). You will be receiving your school’s account # and instructions for completing this survey.
STEP 7: Universal Leadership Team Training
- Attend one of the Universal Leadership Team Trainings (Required)
STEP 8: Universal Learning Series - Recommended Professional Learning
- Intro to SWIS Webinar (Check back for dates)
- Team Initiated Problem-Solving (TIPS) - Watch this module and contact your Coach or State TA for follow-up support
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Understand Function of Behavior Online Module
For additional Professional Learning Opportunities please visit our calendar or contact your SU/SD Coordinator, Coach or State TA!