VTPBIS Supervisory Union/Supervisory District (SU/SD) Coordinators
The SU/SD Coordinator plays a key role in implementing and sustaining PBIS and is the primary contact person for all PBIS schools in the SU/SD. Successful and sustained PBIS implementation is critically dependent on support and guidance from the office of the SU/SD and role of the SU/SD Coordinator. Specific functions include:
- As member of the SU/SD Leadership Team, the SU/SD Coordinator develops and follows a long-range (3-5 year) plan for implementation of PBIS with specific goals and strategies that are aligned with other SU/SD and school initiatives;
- Facilitates communications with State TAs and VTPBIS Coaches;
- Ensures implementation readiness and ongoing fidelity of implementation;
- Identifies and secures needed resources;
- Participates in relevant PBIS trainings;
- Attends the schools’ PBIS Leadership Team meetings a few times during the school-year; and
- Conducts fidelity of implementation measures and assist schools with other PBIS data tools (training to be provided).
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of the VTPBIS SU/SD Coordinator, please see the Coordinator Handbook.