- This page highlights resources to support the use of a multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) framework to support students, families, and educators during the transitions back to school during and following the global pandemic in a manner that prioritizes their health and safety, social and emotional needs, and behavioral and academic growth.
- Outlines how to address COVID-19 mitigation practices within each of the core components of PBIS. Includes questions for Tier II and Tier III teams to consider, and how to support families with incorporating PBIS into their home routines and practices.
- Describes the steps of creating a virtual classroom behavior matrix using the school-wide behavior expectations and offers an example of a completed matrix. Also includes tips on virtual teaching.
- Example Remote Learning Matrices (Google Drive folder)
- This Center on PBIS Practice Brief provides a description of CICO, and several considerations for adapting the CICO process for distance learning. Included are examples of Adapted CICO Cards, and a family wellness survey to assess what school resources may be helpful for the family.
- This article shares recommendations for educators regarding implementing IEP goals, distance learning accommodations, and communication with team members. It also offers suggestions on how to support the emotional well being of students and families.
PBIS CalTAC Folder of Resources (webpage)
- A wide range of topics are addressed in this link that includes resources from several locations. These include social stories describing Covid-19, establishing PBIS expectations and acknowledgement systems in the home, and creating virtual classroom behavior matrixes.
VTPBIS Virtual Contest Entries (Google Drive folder)
- Vermont school submissions of things they’ve done to roll out behavioral expectations at home, connect with staff, connect with students/families
Remote Learning & PBIS Resource Roundup (webpage)
- Helpful list of favorite remote learning and PBIS resources
- A vast collection of resources on the following topics: self-care, family and home, Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, data-based decision making, trauma, anxiety, mental health, grief/loss, etc.
- Resources, including an hour long webinar, on using PBIS Rewards to recognize and reward students during Distance Learning.