Due to the impact of COVID-19 on schools, no schools will be deemed “inactive” based on last year. The typical Acknowledgements process is on hold for this year. The application for this year’s recognition can be found here.
Guidelines for VTPBIS Network of Active Schools
Inclusion in the VTPBIS Network of Schools is demonstrated by the following:
- Data: The school completes annual assessments (SAS and Annual TFI).
- Communication: Contact with a State-Approved VTPBIS Coach or State TA is maintained. Communication between the school and its Supervisory Union/District Coordinator is ongoing.
- Participation: VTPBIS School and SU/SD Coordinators attend Coordinator meetings and other relevant trainings.
- Training: School Teams need to be trained by a VTPBIS state-approved trainer. For questions, please contact your State TA.
Inclusion in the Network results in access to technical assistance, implementation coaching, and VTPBIS training. Network schools will be included in all electronic communications and will be eligible to receive annual VTPBIS acknowledgements based on fidelity of implementation.
The list of VTPBIS Network schools will be generated each August for the next school year.
VTPBIS Annual Acknowledgements
Every year the VTPBIS State Team acknowledges PBIS schools for their achievements. Annual Acknowledgements will be awarded at our Fall VTPBIS Forum. Check the Professional Development Calendar for dates! – On hold for school year 2019-2020!
VTPBIS School of Merit
To receive a VTPBiS School of Merit Ribbon, schools will show evidence of:
- Implementing Universal PBIS with fidelity (measured as 70% on the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) or 80%/80% on the School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET))
- Using behavior data (Big 7 data) within a problem-solving framework to improve student outcomes
- Completing the annual Self-Assessment Survey (SAS) to help plan/revise implementation
VTPBIS Exemplar School
To receive a VTPBIS Exemplar School Ribbon and a letter of congratulations from VT AOE, schools will show evidence of all of the above plus:
- Sustaining fidelity of implementing Universal PBIS as demonstrated by two consecutive years of Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) at 70% or 80%/80% on School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET)
- Sustained implementation has had positive effects on their academic and behavioral data
Examples of indicators will be included on the application.
Congratulations to the 2020 Honoree Schools!
Allen Brook School
Benson Village School
Brownington Central School
Charleston Elementary School
Dothan Brook School
Fletcher Elementary School
Guilford Central School
Killington Elementary School
Salisbury Community School
Wells Village School