Guidelines for VTPBIS Network of Active Schools
Inclusion in the VTPBIS Network of Schools is demonstrated by the following:
- Data: The school completes annual assessments (SAS and Annual TFI).
- Communication: Contact with an Implementation Coach or State TA is maintained. Communication between the school and its Supervisory Union/District Coordinator is ongoing.
- Participation: VTPBIS School and SU/SD Coordinators attend Coordinator meetings and other relevant trainings.
- Training: School Teams need to be trained by a VTPBiS state-recommended trainer. For questions, please contact your State TA.
Inclusion in the Network results in access to technical assistance, implementation coaching, and VTPBIS training. Network schools will be included in all electronic communications and will be eligible to receive annual VTPBIS acknowledgements based on fidelity of implementation.
The list of VTPBIS Network schools will be generated each August for the next school year.
VTPBIS Annual Acknowledgements
Every year the VTPBiS State Team acknowledges PBIS schools for their achievements. To be considered for any of the VTPBIS acknowledgements listed below (based on the previous school year), please complete the online survey that will be sent to school coordinators in the Spring. Annual Acknowledgements will be awarded at our Fall VTPBIS Forum. Check the Professional Development Calendar for dates!
VTPBIS School of Merit
To receive a VTPBiS School of Merit Ribbon, schools will show evidence of:
- Implementing Universal PBIS with fidelity (measured as 70% on the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) or 80/80 on the School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET))
- Using behavior data (Big 7 data) within a problem-solving framework to improve student outcomes
- Completing the annual Self-Assessment Survey (SAS) to help plan/revise implementation
VTPBIS Exemplar School
To receive a VTPBIS Exemplar School Ribbon and a letter of congratulations from VT AOE, schools will show evidence of the all of the above plus:
- Sustaining fidelity of implementing Universal PBIS as demonstrated by two consecutive years of Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) at 70% or 80% on School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET)
- Sustained implementation has had positive effects on their academic and behavioral data